Join the team at Metro ECSU! We are a regional service cooperative working primarily with schools and districts. Our mission is to provide members with educational services and cooperative purchasing opportunities that help them reach their goals. We develop training opportunities and student enrichment programs to help educators and students; and have been doing this work since 1976. We are a small organization of approximately 35 very friendly staff. Our offices are in Arden Hills, just south of 694. Staff have access to walking trails and lovely scenery.
There is one job position available at this time due to retirement.
Environmental Health and Safety Regional Facilitator
Job Description:The individual occupying the position of Environmental Health and Safety Regional Facilitator will direct, coordinate and facilitate all aspects of the Metro ECSU Environmental Health and Safety Program.
This position is for 260 days per year (equivalent to 100% or 1 FTE)
Start date: June 17, 2019
The activities of this position will include:
- Develop and coordinate the use of marketing materials, including the use of social media, for the Environmental Health & Safety Program
- Review District or site written Health & Safety programs and recommend changes if required
- Tour sites and perform mock OSHA inspections. These inspections could include requirements from Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Health, and MN State Fire Marshall
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate monthly meetings with members that include speakers on current topics, beginning in September 2019
- Plan year end meeting with the MN Department of Education
- Inspect schools with OSHA when requested
- Assist schools should they choose to contest OSHA citations
- Assist schools in obtaining funding for Health & Safety projects
- Coordinate required electrical training, chemical hygiene training and machine guard training as well as any additional outside trainings deemed appropriate
- Continue to strengthen the program based on needs of members as well as others in the region
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director
- College Degree
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in Health & Safety field, preferably with schools
- Knowledge of federal and state legislative language and provisions for Environmental Health and Safety issues
- Ability to work flexible schedule. May include evenings at times.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google Docs and office machines (making copies, printing and scanning documents, etc.)
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn virtual meeting technology
- Ability to travel within the state as required using personal vehicle (expenses paid per annual IRS standard mileage rate)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal daily supervision and guidance
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and complete work in a timely manner
- Work positively and professionally within a team setting, with other staff and with clients
- Provide friendly, responsive service to Metro ECSU clients and collaborators
Send cover letter, 3 letters of professional reference and resume to: Susan Frame, Susan.Frame@metroecsu.org
Please direct questions concerning salary and benefits to: Julie Frame, Julie.Frame@metroecsu.org
Application Deadline: April 23, 2019
Metro Educational Service Cooperative is a an Equal Opportunity Employer
Conference Room Rental
We offer state-of-the-art conference room rental services to both members and non-members. For more information go to the Conference Room Rental page.
Metro ECSU provides administrative services to its members in several areas. For more information go to the Administrative Services page.
Metro ECSU Publications
During the school year Metro ECSU offers the Annual Class Size Study, Composite Calendar for All Metro Districts and edNews. For more information go to the Metro ECSU Publications page.
Metro ECSU Online Registration
View all listings and events offered by Metro ECSU and register at our Event Calendar page.
Cooperative Purchasing Services
A wide variety of products are available with our program, the Cooperative Purchasing Connection. Vendor contracts are established through a formal bid process conducted by Minnesota Service Cooperatives (MSC).
Metro ECSU Membership
Active membership in Metro ECSU is open to each public school district which has chosen to join the cooperative by paying the appropriate membership fees. With membership districts can participate and vote in the governance of the co-op.More Information