ParaPro Assessment Exam
Approved for use in Minnesota as a way for current or aspiring paraprofessionals to demonstrate competencies in reading, math and writing as required under the No Child Left Behind Act of 2002.
Metro ECSU's ParaPro Assessment Examination Site
Metro ECSU, through a joint venture with Educational Testing Service (ETS), is pleased to be named as an exam administration site for the ParaPro Assessment Examination. The ParaPro Assessment Exam has been approved for use in Minnesota as a way for current or aspiring paraprofessionals to demonstrate competencies in reading, math and writing as required under the No Child Left Behind Act of 2002.
The ParaPro Assessment Examination is a computer delivered exam that consists of 90 multiple-choice questions. Approximately two-thirds of the questions focus on comprehension skills and knowledge, the remaining one-third focus on applying these skills in the classroom. In Minnesota, a score of 460 is a passing score. The highest score attainable is 480. If a test taker does not meet the minimum score of 460 upon completion of the exam, a waiting period of 22 days must be completed before the exam can be taken again.
Advantages to using this value-added service through Metro ECSU
- Flexible exam scheduling (morning and afternoon availability, Tuesday-Friday)
- Access to a computer with pre-loaded exam software
- Conveniently located metro exam site
- Test-takers receive their score immediately after taking the exam. Official confirmation of exam scores are sent directly to test takers approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the exam date.
Exam Administration Fee: $85.00
Resources for the ParaPro Assessment Exam
- Metro ECSU Information flyer
- ParaPro Assessment Study Companion Booklet (includes some practice questions)
- ParaPro Information & Guidelines Booklet
- Practice Questions – Reading, Math & Writing. Included in this email only to serve as an indicator of exam questions used in the past.
- Reducing Test Anxiety Booklet
Please contact Angela Skrade, 612.638.1528, email@example.com to email you these resources.
Exam preparation resources are available from Educational Testing Service, the test originator. Their web address is: www.ets.org. Additionally, resources may be found at local libraries, or through local booksellers either in store or online or at Amazon.com.
To learn more about the exam process or to schedule an exam date and time, please contact Angela Skrade, 612.638.1528, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cooperative Purchasing Services
A wide variety of products are available with our program, the Cooperative Purchasing Connection. Vendor contracts are established through a formal bid process conducted by Minnesota Service Cooperatives (MSC).
More About Services
Metro ECSU Membership
Active membership in Metro ECSU is open to each public school district which has chosen to join the cooperative by paying the appropriate membership fees. With membership districts can participate and vote in the governance of the co-op.
More About ECSU Membership